IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR ALL High school students and parents:
Dear Bremen High School Parents and Students:
Each year, a large number of parents express their desire for their children to be allowed to keep their laptops over the summer. In an effort to meet the needs of the many students who participate in online classes, summer school, credit recovery, and summer AP/Pre-AP courses, the district is going to allow students currently in grades 9-11 to keep their Chromebooks over the summer. On the last student day, students in these grades will be allowed to bring their machines home. To ensure the successful implementation of this initiative, the following procedures have been put into place:
- Laptop support will be available throughout the summer by calling 547-248-4240 to schedule a time to bring the device in.
- Students may also bring devices in during device distribution if support is needed.
- LAPTOP STORAGE: Students whose families do not wish to accept the responsibility of having the laptop over the summer will have the option of turning in the machine at the end of the school year. However, parents who would like the school corporation to store their child’s laptop will need to come to the Bremen High School Office or the Technology Department with the machine(s) between May 29 and May 31; these parents will receive a receipt stating the machine was returned. A parent or guardian must be the person to return the machine.
- SUMMER TRANSFERS: Families who decide to leave Bremen Public School Corporation during the summer MUST return the laptop at Bremen High School or the Bremen Schools Corporation Administration Office at any time during business hours Monday through Thursday. Families leaving the corporation and not returning the laptop will be charged the full replacement cost of the laptop.
- WEB FILTERING ALERTS: Any student who performs inappropriate web searches over the summer and triggers web-filtering alerts will have their accounts disabled for the duration of the summer. Laptops that have been stored over the summer can be picked up during device distribution.
Help us ensure the success of this initiative by being vigilant in the care of the laptops this summer. Store them in safe places, continue to run updates weekly, monitor your child’s use, and remember to call the Tech Line to schedule a support appointment should the laptop become damaged or broken.
Note: All Seniors (class of 2020) will turn in their devices.